[Bldg-sim] Mitsubishi VFR systems

Haider Khan haidermkhan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 10:09:26 PDT 2008

As far as I know you cannot do it in DOE2 directly, but a quasi DOE2
approach would be to calculate the hourly system loads using DOE2 and
calculate VRV energy consumption using spreadsheet calculations. You will
have to create a regression based model to calculate the energy consumption
as a function of the capacity and outdoor air temperature (The data is
available on Mr. Slim website). Once you are sure the model is working
correctly (be sure to put limits on your equations for out of range data)
you can use the hourly weather boundary conditions to calculate the annual
energy consumption.

If  you are doing code compliance using eQUEST you can calculate the average
calibrated EER using the above methodology and use it as a DOE2 input.

Best Regards,
Haider M. Khan, MSME

ICF International
9300 Lee Highway,