[Bldg-sim] BIN Data Questions

Allaire, Justin justin.allaire at stantec.com
Thu Apr 3 10:04:50 PDT 2008

Our office is modeling a particular project in Castlegar BC using eQuest.
Unfortunately Castlegar is not one of the few Canadian built-in regions, nor is it really effectively represented by one of the built-in regions.
Where can one obtain bin data for the various "other" regions?
Or, how can one create bin data for a particular region?
Does anyone have any references for what the structure of a bin file is or what the process is for encoding the data?

As a minor aside,
I had a look in EE4 and Castlegar BC is a built-in region, however a more in-depth look shows that when Castlegar is selected EE4 refers to the Summerland BC bin data.
In this instance does EE4 make any changes to the Summerland data to better reflect Castlegar?
It was my hope that if I could find a bin file for Castlegar in EE4 I could use that file in eQuest.
Would the files be interchangeable?

Your input is greatly appreciated,

Justin C. Allaire, EIT
Mechanical Engineer
Stantec
400 - 1620 Dickson Avenue
Kelowna BC V1Y 9Y2
Ph: (250) 860-3225
Fx: (250) 860-3367
justin.allaire at stantec.com
stantec.com <http://www.stantec.com/>

The content of this email is the confidential property of Stantec and should not be copied, modified, retransmitted, or used for any purpose except with Stantec's written authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify us immediately.

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.