[Bldg-sim] chilled water and hot water rates

Julia Beabout juliabeabout at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 11:18:31 PDT 2008

Hello,

Has anyone come across average/typical national or regional rates for the production of chilled water or heating water?  I'm looking for something on a $/therm or other similar basis that could be used in a LEED energy model that is served by an existing campus central chilled water and heating plant.  Unfortunately, the owner does not meter the plant separately - either electrically or for chilled water or hot water production.  So, short of modeling the central plant (which we are trying to avoid), we're looking for typical rates that might be acceptable to use in a LEED energy model.

We have checked the US DOE site.  while they have typical national and regional rates for electricity, gas etc, we have not been able to find anything for chilled water or heating water.
If anyone has come across this type of info on the DOE site or elsewhere, please let me know.

Thanks.

 Julia