[Bldg-sim] PTAC and PTHP EER, fan energy

Michael Rosenberg Michael.Rosenberg at state.or.us
Thu Apr 17 08:26:22 PDT 2008

The EER does include the fan power. The baseline fan power allowance in Appendix G from 90.1 2004 was recognized as being much too high for PTACs and PTHPs. An addendum was issued lowering the value to 0.3 W/cfm. This is captured in the new 2007 version of 90.1 Appendix G.

Michael Rosenberg
Oregon Department of Energy
625 Marion St. N.E.
Salem, OR 97301-3742
Phone : (503) 373-7809
Fax: (503) 373-7806

>>> "Xu, Xiaowei" <xiaowei.xu at ny.fk.com> 4/17/2008 8:10:25 AM >>>
Hi,

I have a quick question about the EER requirement for the PTAC and PTHP
system. In Standard 2004, Table 6.8.1D gives out the minimum requirement
for the PTAC and PTHP system. My question is does this EER include the
fan power or not?

Also for the PTAC and PTHP system, following the Appendix G fan power
energy calculation, the fan power would be about 0.7~0.8W/cfm. However
the manufacture's catalog data usually gives out the value around
0.2~0.3W/cfm, which means the proposed case would get a lot of fan
energy savings. Does this make sense? Thanks a lot.

Xiaowei Xu

Engineer

  FLACK + KURTZ

475 Fifth Avenue

New York, NY 10017

http://www.flackandkurtz.com <http://www.flackandkurtz.com/>

212.532.9600 Main

212.951.2662 Direct

212.689.7489 Fax
xiaowei.xu at ny.fk.com

Ensuring that today's built environment preserves the natural
environment in which we live.

error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this email is strictly forbidden.