[Bldg-sim] model mezzine and differnet plans

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Fri Aug 8 13:16:41 PDT 2008

My suggestion (not knowing the level of your modeling experience) is to
model the entire 26 floors in the Schematic design (all same size). You
will only see Floors 1, 2 and 26, as Floor 2 will be represented by a
multiplier.

Then switch to detailed Design Wizard (DD Wizard) and begin adding each
floor above the 2nd as a "clone" of the previous floor. Once you get to
floor 25 and look at the building 3-D, you will now see all 26 floors.

NOW, staying in the DD Wizard, go back to floors 1 and 2, and, using the
Footprint definition on Wizard Screen 2, go to "Custom". This will allow
you to draw on a lattice where you can STRETCH the 1st floor, save it,
and go to Floor 2 to do the same thing.

You need to "play" with this a bit.

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Project Manager