[Bldg-sim] GSHP in hot climate

Harry BOYER harry.boyer at univ-reunion.fr
Sat Aug 9 21:44:35 PDT 2008

yizhao1 at vt.edu a écrit :
> Hi-
>
> We modeled a building with GSHP in a hot climate (zone 1), so it is almost used
> for cooling only. The air-side is PVAVS. water-cooled condenser with GSWL. The
> cooling COP input is ~5. However, the system performs almost the same as
> ordinary air-cooled chillers.
>
> We think the reason may be the high earth temperature (~85 F is used due to the
> local
> climate).
>
> GSHP does not appear to be a solution for hot climate? Any one has some resource
> of real data for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Ying

Hello,
for ground temparature estimation, book PASSIVE COOLING OF BUILDINGS,
edited buy M. Santamouris and D. Asimakopoulos provide a whole chapter
on Ground cooling. This ref. includes an equation estimating time
evolution of ground temp. at a certain deep using various parameters as
soil thermal diffusivity,
average annual soil temp, time elapsed from the begining of the year, ...
This could be usefull.
Harry BOYER
Réunion Island University