[Bldg-sim] Converting TMY, BIN and CSV files

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 08:09:16 PST 2008

Hi All,

I've seen a bunch of questions on the list-serve about creating custom
weather files, but never figured out how to do it myself.

I've been able to create a custom CSV file (and then removed all commas), so
I should now have a custom TMY file.  How do I get it into BIN format so
eQuest can read it?  I downloaded the conversion files from DOE2 (
http://doe2.com/index_Wth.html), but can't get them to work so far.  Does
anyone have a more complete description of how to make them work?  Also, I
am running Vista... not sure if this is a problem as the conversion programs
are DOS based.

Karen