[Bldg-sim] Window Heat gain - Shading Coefficient

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Mon Dec 29 09:54:52 PST 2008

Pallavi,

Go to  www.chhayaonline.org and try out the beta version.  Attached is
the PDF version of the technical paper we wrote for the ASES conference
earlier this year. The program is still in development - especially the
weather import tools, but this might be exactly what you are looking
for. If you need, I can send you the weather file you need.

If you look at section 4.0 (pg 3) of the paper, it describes how the
effective shading coefficient is calculated based on the profile angle
and the window overhang. The program allows you to play around with the
overhangs and updates the shading coefficient matrix real time.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
1201 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30361
Responsive Design * Technological Expertise * Exceptional Service
Please visit our new website | www.lordaecksargent.com
<file:///\\www.lordaecksargent.com\>

P Think GREEN before you print.