[Bldg-sim] ASEAM program

JRR energy.wwind at cox.net
Tue Dec 30 15:07:04 PST 2008

John Ross wrote;

The Commonwealth of Virginia and its wonderful State Corporation Commission
allows some very heinous, nasty billing practices concerning electric bills,
I'm "all electric" here as far as the utility  company is concerned.........

They allow the number of days in a month's bill to vary between 28 and
35 days;
AND  any two same months ie  December 2008 and December 2009 DO NOT
have the same number of days billed in general....There is a listing of
the kwhr
used for each of the previous 12 months on each month's bill but there
is no mention
of days in the billing cycles, HDDs or CDDs for those months. ... the
days billed is
only given for the current month and requests for old records from the power
company were returned without days billed also.

Every State is supposed to have a Climatology Record, Virginia's record
is at
The University of Virginia.  Look at the NOAA website to track down the
records for the state in question.  I suggest on-site daily readings for
high
performance buildings. I got 120 gallons of 143 F water from my "Oversquare"
array today at my house and it's December 30 just 9 days off Dec 21....
At a customer site just 12 miles away they were 40% overcast between noon
and 2 pm, critical hours this time of year.

Do you want to stage the multiple heating systems ?? My biggest problem
with E+
is the lack of "innovation" available in the heating systems to be
modeled. I have
tricks up my sleeve that just destroy conventional heating systems. You
might not
want to do some of these on a large commercial building, but on a
residence with
telecommuting from home... it's Solar Sailing in an unlimited 10 meter
boat...