[Bldg-sim] FW:

Andrew Craig andrew_c at ieice.com
Thu Feb 21 14:12:31 PST 2008

Chien---

Section G3.1.3.14 of Appendix G hit on requirements for fan powered
boxes.  They are:

1.)     FTUs shall be sized for 50% of the peak design flow rate

2.)     FTUs shall be modeled with 0.35 W/cfm fan power.

3.)     Minimum volume setpoints for FTUs shall be equal to 30% of the
peak design flow rate or the rate required to meet minimum OSA
ventilation, whichever is larger.

4.)     The supply air temperature setpoint shall be constant at the
design condition.

Hope that helps.  Good luck.

Regards,

Andrew Craig, EIT,LEED AP/ Mechanical Designer
INTERFACE ENGINEERING
direct 503.382.2696