[Bldg-sim] Swimming pool modeling

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Feb 1 07:09:25 PST 2008

<I could schedule evaporation rates but that would be difficult to get
right as evaporation rate will change with indoor air humidity which in
turn depends on ventilation air humidity (we will provide ventilation air
at 2.5 l/s per m2 of pool and deck area as per NZ standards) >

Brent,

I know you were originally asking about a swimming pool model for Energy+,
but I do know the TRNSYS program has a good swimming pool model that you
can couple to the building model in order to get the correct evaporation
rates and the associated evaporative cooling effect modeled correctly.
Give us a shout if you have questions about the model.  We're currently
using the pool model in a project where we recapture the waste heat off an
ice rink cooling system to both heat the pool and provide domestic hot
water for a rec center.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC