[Bldg-sim] Metal Building R-19 cavity insulation U-factor

Miller, Nathan nathan.miller at stantec.com
Tue Feb 12 16:52:31 PST 2008

Timothy,

Table of the 10-5A (page 65 of the pdf, nominal page 49 of the code)  of
the Washington State Energy Code (link below) provides a pretty handy
table for realistic U-values for various metal frame constructions. I'm
not sure your local municipality would accept it, but I use these tables
frequently to get U-values for various construction types.  Depending on
your frame spacing, it looks like a U-value of around 0.1.

http://www.energy.wsu.edu/documents/code/wsec2006/wsec_2006.pdf

Sincerely,

Nathan Miller
Stantec- Seattle