[Bldg-sim] Solar Water Heater & Residential Classification for Hotel

Loren Appin lorenappin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 06:15:27 PST 2008

Tom,

Thanks for responding so quickly.  Yeah, I have been using those tables for
the building envelope, which come out to be the same residential vs. non
residential in my climate zone, but, sorry, I don't think I clarified my
doubt well enough.  What I am actually more concerned about is the type of
HVAC system to use for the base case model, as a residential building asks
you to use PTAC, but VAV for non-residential.

So what do you do when it comes to the hvac systems?

Thanks!