[Bldg-sim] Ground Source Heat Pump - heating mode

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Thu Jan 10 06:08:38 PST 2008

Hi,
The system I am trying to model in eQUEST is a series of heat pumps that
are connected to a ground loop heat exchanger. I set up the heat
exchanger and water loop in the water side tab. I selected the 'water
loop heat pump' option on the air side systems and assigned the ground
loop to it. There is a place on the cooling side to assign the loop to
the condenser. However, I don't see anyplace on the heating tab to
assign the loop to the heating side of the heat pump. I am also getting
46% of my heating hours outside the throttling range (guessing this is
because there is no loop attached to the HP). Is there a fix for this?
Should I be using a different system type?

Will Climate master's extension allow me to model this better?

Thanks

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
1201 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30361
Responsive Design * Technological Expertise * Exceptional Service
www.lordaecksargent.com

Please don't print this email unless you really have to.
One tree makes 16.67 reams of copy paper or 8,333.3 sheets
~Conservatree, September 2002