[Bldg-sim] import .dwg file into eQuest

Vicki Lynne avn8166 at blackfoot.net
Fri Jan 11 10:43:04 PST 2008

Hello - I'm working on a project where I have access to a .dwg file to
import into equest to start building the model from.  Since the building
(existing, single story) is very complex in shape it would save me hours and
hours to be able to import it.

I used Turbo-CAD to go into the .dwg file and remove all layers except one -
the one showing the building outline.  I assumed that I could just open
equest and go to import and bring the file in but it's not working (an error
message shows up and then it stops - the message is that the U-name is too
long. However since the process stops, there may be other error messages).

I have not been able to find, anywhere, instructions on how to import a .dwg
file - I've also searched the archives and found discussions on importing
but not on how.  So how do I import a .dwg file? Any help is hugely
appreciated!

v.

Vicki Lynne, PE

NCAT/NWE E+ Business Partners