[Bldg-sim] eQUEST Window Frame modelling

Pete Thompson Pete.Thompson at arup.com
Wed Jan 16 01:07:15 PST 2008

I am currently using eQUEST to carry out an ASHRAE 90.1 study on an art
museum. I am new to the software and am in the process of modelling the
skylights positioned in the gallery roof. I was wondering if anyone knew
how I would go about modelling the 1.25" frames that surround these
skylights? The frames obviously have a different U-values to the roof
construction and the glazing. Do I have to manually draw the frames
surrounding the skylights or is there a way of generating the frames
when I create the glazing construction profile?

Many thanks

Pete

Pete Thompson
Mechanical Engineer
Arup
New Oxford House, 30 Barkers Pool, Sheffield S1 2HB
T ++ 44 (0) 114 272 8247 F ++ 44 (0) 114 275 9553
Ext: x43687
pete.thompson at arup.com
www.arup.com <http://www.arup.com>