[Bldg-sim] Revit custom Family into gbXML?

Amir Kavousian AmirKavousian at Gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 21:10:33 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am working on daylight analysis (IES and ECOTECT) for a mid-rise
residential. The architectural design has a special shading for windows,
which we had to create as a custom Revit family. I am trying to export this
family to gbXML to work in IESve; but the shading doesn't go through gbXML.
Does anyone have expereince on this issue? How should we create the family
so that it easily get exported to gbXML?
Can we add a "Room Bounding" parameter to a Revit family from Family Editor?
Many thanks,
--
Amir E. Kavousian