[Bldg-sim] User Input Expression Error

Prabhat Barnwal prabhat.greenbuildings at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 01:28:04 PDT 2008

Dear all,

While writing an expression for window frame width of curtain walls in
eQuest 3.61, I am getting 'Expression parsing error' saying the user
expression is too long. The expression used is-
default :
PARENT("WIDTH")*PARENT("HEIGHT")*0.0464/(PARENT("WIDTH")+PARENT("HEIGHT"))

How should I modify or change it?

Are there provisions for creating local variable by arithmetic operation on
present variables? For example, the length of this expression can be reduced
, if I calculate perimeter of parent wall first and use that value directly
in the expression.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Prabhat Barnwal