[Bldg-sim] question about steam meter

Jessica XP xupingjessica at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 07:39:11 PST 2008

Dear folks,

I am simulating a LEED-certified building. Purchased steam is provided to
the proposed design. Baseboard radiation using hot water that is exchanged
from purchased steam is used to heat the zone. In Equest, the zone heat
source is defined as STEAM. Chillers are of absorption-type  connected to a
hot water loop, which is actually a steam loop.

After the simulation, my problem is that energy use for the space heating is
zero in the sim file. Please advise what is the proper setting for such a
baseboard system in Equest.

Please also advise what is the proper practice to set purchased steam.
Thanks in advance.

 Jessi