[Bldg-sim] Equest - Space Cooling Provided by Natural Gas!?

Doebber, Ian Ian_Doebber at nrel.gov
Fri Mar 14 11:39:31 PDT 2008

I am modeling a New Orleans High School with a VAV system with Electric
Heat.  The packaged rooftop units have Heating Hot Water Coils served by
a Center Boiler and Chilled Water Coils served by a Central Chiller.

For some strange reason, my summer and spring months have some space
cooling provided by Natural Gas Consumption.  Since the boiler is the
only equipment consuming Natural Gas, how is the boiler providing
cooling?  Very odd.