[Bldg-sim] Bay Area job opening for Energy Modeler with 2+ years of experience

Jamy Bacchus jbacchus at rumseyengineers.com
Wed Mar 26 10:24:39 PDT 2008

Want to help design the next generation of green buildings?

Are you doing your best for the planet in your current job? If you've
got passion, wisdom, expertise, and the willingness to constantly learn
about and design highly resource-efficient buildings, we'd like you to
be part of our team.

We're a steadily growing mechanical design firm with LEED Platinum,
zero-carbon, award winning projects, working with the greenest local and
national architects and clients. Our team is dedicated to creativity and
innovation in resource-efficient design. We're located in the epicenter
for Green Design, the San Francisco Bay Area, with its healthy lifestyle
and access to world-class cultural institutions, as well as the
redwoods, beaches, the Sierra, and the rich diversity of ecosystems that
Northern California has to offer. We offer highly competitive
compensation and a relaxed, high-performance office environment that
fosters collaboration and design excellence. We're an equal opportunity
employer and encourage diversity in our office.

To contact us about this position, please submit a brief cover letter
and one page resume to jbacchus at rumseyengineers.com. No phone calls
please.

Energy Modeler qualifications:

Required

*	2+ years of experience with building simulation tools.
*	Strong knowledge of DOE-2 based programs: eQuest, VisualDOE,
EnergyPro
*	Strong knowledge of TRANE TRACE
*	Excellent abilities with MS Excel
*	Creative thinker with effective communication and teamwork
skills
*	BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Sciences or
Architecture
*	Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and
climate change issues

Desired

*	Experience with CFD or daylight modeling
*	Experience with HVAC systems and/or HVAC controls
*	Experience with CA Title 24
*	Familiarity with Visual Basic
*	Familiarity with EnergyPlus
*	Experience with other programming languages
*	Familiarity with USGBC LEED Rating Systems
*	Experience with LEED certified projects
*	LEED AP

Jamy Bacchus, P.E., LEED AP

RUMSEY ENGINEERS

99 Linden Street