[Bldg-sim] Equest 3.6 Simulation of Campus Chilled Water Meter

Brett Krug, PE bkrug at solutions-aec.com
Fri Mar 7 14:09:54 PST 2008

I have been struggling with an issue on a large campus energy model.  I am
trying to model the chilled water system, which is a campus system simply as
metered energy.  I have basically indicated a chilled water meter of the
chilled water loop.  My problem is that when I simply replace a chiller with
the chilled water meter and re-run the model my space cooling energy
consumption goes up dramatically (over 2 times).  I have been working on
this for a long time, and cannot seem to figure out what is causing the
chilled water meter to (virtually) create additional chilled water energy
consumption on the chilled water loop.

Does anyone have familiarity with this issue?

Brett W. Krug, PE

SOLUTIONS

Engineering Redefined

600 South Holmes