[Bldg-sim] Building Simulation Program Survey

Loren Appin lorenappin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 23:27:59 PDT 2008

Hi Eric and others,

Our firm is currently trying to evaluate the various simulation programs to
select the one that may be best for us.  We're currently using VisualDOE and
testing out eQuest, but are also starting to look at Trace.  I like the
flexibility that VisualDOE offers regarding geometry but also know it is a
bit behind using the 2.1E engine instead of the 2.2 found in eQuest, and
then we may be starting to model VRV systems which is something that only
Trace can do as far as I am aware.

So what I am asking is if anyone has any information comparing the various
programs or any opinions or advice as to where to find more information.  It
seems to me that the majority of modelers are using eQuest right now, and
I'm not sure if that's just cause of the wonderfully cheap price of free or
it really has many advantages over the others.  Any help would be great.

Thanks so much!

* Loren Appin*
Energy Engineer

* Silpa Inc.*
AMERICAS | MIDDLE EAST | ASIA
www.silpainc.com

Mob: +971.50.9250895
lorenappin at gmail.com

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Sturm, Eric A. <ESturm at trane.com> wrote:

>  Dear Bldg-sim listserv users and modelers,
> Help us learn more about building simulation program strengths and
> weaknesses by completing a short survey<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=vZyA0j5YZk2SsIuMGxU1wA_3d_3d>
> . The results will be posted on this listserv once the survey period is
> done and may drive future program development. For your participation,
> you will be entered into a drawing for one of three $100 American Express
> gift cards. The drawing will be held on March 27th, so be sure to submit
> your survey soon.
>
> Please click link above or enter this URL (
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=vZyA0j5YZk2SsIuMGxU1wA_3d_3d) into
> your web browser to take this short survey now.
>
> Thank you for your time,
> *Eric Sturm
> *Marketing Engineer, Trane CDS
>
> Tel:  608-787-3926