[Bldg-sim] FW: e-quest-simulation error

Steven Gates steve.gates at doe2.com
Tue Mar 25 10:12:39 PDT 2008

Consider a building with an air handler with a 54F supply temperature, and a
45F entering CHW temperature.  If the fan is draw through, and the fan heat
is 4F, then the temperature leaving the cooling coil must be 50F in order to
produce 54F downstream of the fan.  But 50F - 45F = 5F, which is a delta too
low for the coil curves to handle.

To resolve, either raise your SYSTEM:MIN-SUPPLY-T, or lower the
CIRCULATION-LOOP:DESIGN-COOL-T

A version of the program currently in development will better resolve this
issue, but is not expected to be ready until late in the year.

Steve Gates

  _____