[Bldg-sim] fan energy

Sever, Franc SeverFranc at karpinskieng.com
Fri May 9 05:11:45 PDT 2008

Hello All,

I have two questions about exhaust.  I am modeling a building that has
an attached garage and needs ventilation.  Would it be correct to
calculate the fan power from G3.1.2.9 since there really is no air being
supplied to the garage and just an exhaust fan, to me this would seem to
over credit this system in the baseline system.

Also have a large kitchen hood that is going to be served by an exhaust
fan with a vfd so the exhaust is going to be VAV and there will be a
runaround coil that will be used to preheat the OA coming into the AHU.
Is there a good way to model this VAV exhaust system with heat recovery.

Thank you all,

Franc J. Sever
Engineer, Mechanical

karpinski