[Bldg-sim] Demand control Ventilation

Delbert Smith dsmith at cesct.com
Thu May 22 19:58:17 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a model of a school for quite a while.  What has me stumped is how to model demand control ventilation.  When I add DCV via the parametric run screen my gas load drops by 50%.  It just doesn't seem possible that I would get that degree of savings.  My base system is Packaged VAV with hot water reheat.  I've included perimeter radiation but have the program sizing it.  Has anyone else ever run into this and if so how have you resolved it.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Delbert Smith Jr., PE, CPD
Principal
LEED(r) Accredited Professional

Consulting Engineering Services, Inc.
811 Middle Street                   330 Congress Street
Middletown, CT 06457            Boston, MA 02210
T: 860-632-1682                             T: 617-261-7161
F: 860-632-1768                              F: 617-261-7163
dsmith at cesct.com<mailto:dsmith at cesct.com>

This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain privileged and confidential information. If received in error, please inform the sender as quickly as possible and delete this email and any copies from your computer network. If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or rely on it, and any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email is prohibited.

Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the views of Consulting Engineering Services, Inc.