[Bldg-sim] Radiant slabs and long thermal energy storage

g mixoudis g.mixoudis at deerns.nl
Mon May 26 06:00:09 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of VisualDOE 4 and I face the following problem. I find difficulties to design my HVAC system and the corresponded power plant. A system description follows:

1. A power generation system (power plant) that contains long thermal energy storage system in the ground, heat pump and gas boilers.

2. HVAC system consists of concrete core activation (radiant slabs), plus radiators for heating plus central air handling units with water coils (cooling/heating).

I saw some interesting suggestions for eQuest and I wonder how to treat the same problem in VisualDOE 4. Since the most subscribers are more experienced with the program, might have faced similar problems and have an idea to share with the rest on how to design them.

Regards,

Giorgos Mixoudis M.Sc. Eng.
Tel: +31 (0)70 395 76 24
Fax: +31 (0)70 395 76 21