[Bldg-sim] WLHP primary secondary loop

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Thu May 8 16:30:25 PDT 2008

Karin:

What would be the purpose of two loops?

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Project Manager
Nexant, Inc.
701 West Kimberly Ave., Suite 245
Placentia, CA 92870-6342 USA
Phone: 714-524-4402
Fax: 714-524-4407
email: jaulbach at nexant.com

________________________________

From: bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Karen
Walkerman
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 4:01 PM
To: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Bldg-sim] WLHP primary secondary loop

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience setting up a primary/secondary loop with
WLHP loops?  Is this possible?

Thanks,

~karen~

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Kevin Warren <kevin at warren-energy.com>
wrote:

	We looked at balance temperature in my Master's Thesis at the
UW-Madison
	Solar Lab back in 1992. It was sponsored by the Wisconsin Center
for Demand
	Side Research (now the Energy Center of Wisconsin). Balance
temperature was
	not the main focus of our research, but we examined interval gas
consumption
	for a sample of about 100 homes - all from a Midwestern city.
The data was
	on a 5-minute basis. I can't recall how the sample was
determined, so I'm
	unsure how representative was the mix of homes. They were from a
variety of
	sizes, but it looks like most of them were built in the 80s, so
they were
	newish homes at the time. The average balance temp was about
65F. I'm not
	sure the spread around that mean.

	Kevin Warren, P.E., CEM, LEED AP
	Warren Energy Engineering, LLC