[Bldg-sim] Equest: Solarwall, Trombe Wall modeling

Kevin Kyte kkyte at robsonwoese.com
Wed May 28 05:28:41 PDT 2008

Yes, I have used RETScreen and understand a solar wall can be modeled within
it.  In fact, Conserval has already done this for us.  In considering
SolarWallR, all the air handlers have been sized down and when I enter in
the system inputs for capacity there isn't enough juice so I have to
incorporate solar air heating into this model.  Either that or autosize
everything to get 300 and subtract the retscreen model as an ECM.

So create a plenum for each air handler and then make all the plenum walls
Trombe-wall and just fiddle with it until it works, maybe.  I can spend a
minute on it and try.  Either way its modeling reality, right?  There should
be a lot more discussion on this.  Someone must have submitted an energy
model with solar air heating to USGBC using equest.

Kevin