[Bldg-sim] suggestions on thermal imaging camera

OConnor, Noel noel.oconnor at nuigalway.ie
Thu May 29 01:28:56 PDT 2008

Hi Ramana,

There are a number of systems on the market, two brands that ive
researched recently are Fluke and FLIR.

We went with a camera that performs a number of functions for us eg
electrical safety, preventive maintenance and building energy losses.

It has a resolution of 1280 x 1024pixels, detector size of 160 x 120,
and a temperature resolution of 0.1C, stores >3000 IR / visible images.

Field of view is critical also, especially for building heat and
ventilation losses - most cameras have a range of 23 x 17degrees

We have found it very convenient to use and we have trained all our
technicians and maintenance staff to use it.

Regards

Noel

Noel O' Connor,

Building Services & Environmental Manager,

Buildings Office,

NUI Galway,

Ireland