[Bldg-sim] eQUEST logic statements

Mike Smith Michael_Sm at ieice.com
Mon Sep 22 10:47:24 PDT 2008

Greetings,

I have not had any real experience using logic statements in eQUEST and
am wondering if there is anyone out there proficient in using such
techniques in their model developments.  I have seen the 'User-Defined
Default Expression' option where logic commands can be entered, but have
not been able to figure out good uses for this tool.  I have seen how it
can be useful in making building parameters interdependent, but this is
often not needed in the model I construct.

I would appreciate it if someone could share a good document (or
information otherwise) that would have some examples with applicable
language for the user-defined default expression.

Related to this, is it possible to systematically change certain defined
values (LPD, infiltration, etc...) by a factor to create new defined
values?

Thanks in advance,
Mike Smith
Energy Analyst