[Bldg-sim] CFD Software for Built Environment

Paul Carey Paul at zed-uk.com
Thu Sep 11 07:01:30 PDT 2008

Claire,

Not a great deal of difference as far as I know.  My friend at Buro Happold
uses CFX instead of Fluent without any problems on the work he does.  It's
possibly more tightly integrated than Fluent in ICEM or AI workbench at a
guess as they've had it longer.  As far as I know it's also cheaper and
thats got to be a good aspect as if it can do more or less the same for less
money I know which I'd be getting.  There are probably differences in the
turbulence models available, etc but without looking into a detailed
breakdown of features I can't really help there.

Regards
Paul