[Bldg-sim] Daylight Boston - 'Daylight Simulations: From formal validation to common user mistakes'

Reinhart, Christoph reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 2 11:01:05 PDT 2009

Dear colleagues,

This email is mainly directed towards those of you located in the larger
Boston area.

In an effort to reach out to the local design community and to promote
the use of daylight in buildings we will be offering a series of free
one hour brown-bag presentations at the Harvard Design School starting
on Monday, April 20, at noon in Stubbins, Gund Hall, 48 Quincy Street in
Cambridge. In this initial presentation I will be discussing the results
of two very recent studies: A validation of 3ds Max Design compared to
indoor illuminance measurements as well as a study that investigated
common simulation mistakes that daylight simulation novices make. The
focus audience for this presentation are design practitioners interested
in adding physically based daylight simulations to their design
portfolio. Following the presentation you are very welcome to stay
around for a bit and share some of your own simulation activities.

Please RVSP Brooke King at bking at gsd.harvard.edu should you intend to
join us. There will be no lunch provided but you are welcome to bring
your own. The conference room is located next to our cafeteria.

I look forward to meeting some of you in a few weeks. Best regards,

Christoph

Christoph Reinhart, Dr. Ing.

Associate Professor of Architectural Technology

Graduate School of Design - Harvard University

Gund Hall 331b, 48 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA

t: 617 384 7269, f: 617 495 8916, reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu
<mailto:reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu>