[Bldg-sim] eQuest Space Heating

McMains, Jarrod jmcmains at burnsmcd.com
Wed Aug 5 13:17:06 PDT 2009

All,

I am trying to model a building with electric baseboard heating on an
outdoor air reset schedule.  My summary bar chart showing end use energy
shows zero for energy used for space heating, for all months.  However,
when I export hourly results for a system or zone, it shows that the
baseboard energy was appropriately modeled.  I ran a model with no
heating to verify that my first model had added cooling to make up for
the heating, and it did.  It just seems like there is a glitch in eQuest
that doesn't show the electric baseboard heating as an enduse.  This
only happens if using the outdoor reset ratio type of schedule.  If
using the thermostatic control of the baseboards, the heating end use
shows up fine.

Any ideas?  Thanks a million

Jarrod McMains