[Bldg-sim] eQuest Energy Simulation program

Andrew Clagett AndrewC at Hargis.biz
Mon Aug 24 09:58:37 PDT 2009

Hello. I am using the eQuest program and have a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have reviewed all of the input affecting 'Misc. Equip' energy usage (per the 'Description of eQuest/DOE-2.2 End Use Reporting Categories') and have verfied all the inputs for both my Baseline and Proposed buildings are identical, and that no parametric run parameters modify those inputs, and yet my outputs remain substantially different.

As the LEED reviewers are insisting that my 'process' loads be identical for both the baseline and proposed buildings, I need to either find a way to correct the apparent mistake, or find a way to move the portion of the Misc. Equip output that is changing to a non-process energy meter. (I have been unable to locate where these particular inputs are assigned to one meter or another).

Andrew Clagett, PE, LEED(r) AP
Mechanical
HARGIS ENGINEERS
600 Stewart Street