[Bldg-sim] EQuest Indoor Fan Mode - Continuous Operation?

Erik Greensfelder egreensfelder at rmi.org
Wed Dec 2 10:50:36 PST 2009

All,

I am modeling an existing commercial building in eQuest with HVAC provided
by RTUs.  When considering retrofit options we are considering providing
demand control ventilation, and thus keeping the amount of outside air to
the minimum required.  Is it reasonable to consider switching fan operation
to intermittent for this building (ie only run fans when necessary for
ventilation and/or cooling)?  Does anyone know if it is even possible to
purchase RTUs that could be controlled to not run indoor fans continuously?

Thanks,
Erik Greensfelder