[Bldg-sim] DES Guidance for LEED

Seth P. Spangler sspangle at rmf.com
Tue Dec 8 11:18:15 PST 2009

Mike,

I have used the exception you noted below on several occasions but in my
opinion your building does not qualify. The exception is for when a
dedicated CEP building is to be modeled. While your building does
contain a central energy pant within it, the building is not a dedicated
CEP building due to the office located above.  I assume your building
purchases energy from the plant. A CEP building does not typically
purchase energy from itself which is why the exception was created.
Your office is in effect a satellite building with minimal transmission
losses.

Thanks

Seth Spangler, LEED(r) AP

Project Engineer