[Bldg-sim] Residential System for High Ceiling house

Douglas Hittle hittle at colostate.edu
Thu Feb 5 07:20:07 PST 2009

We have a two story great room in Colorado. I will admit that the
climate is mild and sunny here. This means that the hot air goes to
the ceiling (20 feet 8 meters or so) during the the day and tries to
sink as cold air at night. However, we find that our over sized, slow
running Casablanca fan is perfect for setting up total comfort. It
will push the air up or down, it is totally quite, comes in a wide
variety of classic and contemporary designs (everything from Humphrey
Bogart to the Jetsetsons), moves the air slowly without drafts. .