[Bldg-sim] Infiltration Schedule

James V. Dirkes II P.E. jvd2pe at tds.net
Mon Feb 9 06:11:37 PST 2009

You don't really do blower door testing on 100,000 - 1,000,000 sq.ft factory
buildings, however we did something that was roughly equivalent.  My
company's air handler product normally used a control loop that monitored
differential pressure between the building and the outdoors, and then
controlled the outdoor air amount to maintain a slight (0.01") positive
pressure.  Since the controls were very often digital and we could obtain
data from the AHU performance, we knew what the outdoor air control was
doing over the course of a day, or weeks, or months.

>From that information, we created some "rules of thumb" that were applied to
new projects.

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., LEED AP