[Bldg-sim] Residential System Sizing

Bereket Nigusse nigusse_ba at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 03:10:01 PST 2009

Jeff,

Thank you for the explanation.

Yes I am modelig a residential building and using RESYS as a system.  Infiltration is specified and the zone load calculation reflects infiltration contribution to building load.  Since the outdoor air fraction is set to zero, I assume that  ventilation contribution to the building load or system capacity is also zero.  The space temperature for load calculation is set at 75 oF while the Design-Cool-T is 78 oF.  I beileive, this has the effect of decreasing the system cooling load.

Jeff the peak design load day is different from that of the peak system days for some of the loacations.  However, the cooling load differences due to peak load and system peak day differences are quite small compared to the change I am looking at the peak load and system cooling capacity.

It is not obvious to me as to how the low temperature night cooling (due to 24 hour infiltration) results in in increasing the cooling capacity for the system?

Bereket