[Bldg-sim] Process Loads?

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:22:55 PST 2009

For energy intensive environments, I have had LEED accept a lesser process
load, especially when the building in question is a renovation to an
existing building with poor original envelope.  If you had the process load
equal between the baseline and proposed, and the baseline is really
inefficient, then sometimes the process load completely dwarfs the load of
the proposed building.  It makes more sense to estimate the process load
based on reasonable power densities and use schedules for the space types.

I have successfully used the miscellaneous power densities given in the
90.1-2004 User's Manual to define process loads for LEED projects.

--
Karen