[Bldg-sim] eQUEST: Crashing on BDL Error

Daniel Croisant danc at ibcengineering.com
Thu Jan 15 06:51:09 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm currently running a model for a restaurant and was trying to
manipulate the water-side HVAC to account for a process load
(dishwasher).  I'm relatively new to eQUEST and made a mistake that lead
to the following BDL error message:

Dishwasher cannot be specified as a PRIMARY-LOOP due to incorrect
SUBTYPE; valid PRIMARY-LOOP must have a SUBTYPE of PRIMARY

I have tried to fix the error, but every time I try to change the
primary loop, delete the loop, or any other alteration eQUEST will
automatically shut down and I can't make the changes so I'm basically
sitting on a useless model at the moment.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Dan