[Bldg-sim] using eQUEST for research in an environmental chamber

Jacob Faiola jacobfaiola at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 09:07:22 PDT 2009

We are using an environmental chamber to test an experimental air handler unit configuration.
I have modelled a building with an interior zone that is modelled after the environmental chamber.

Is there a way to simply lock the rest of the building at room temperature, since the experimental air handler only conditions the environmental chamber?

Also, we will be using two heating coils in the air handler, one electric, and one that uses a flow of propylene-glycol mix heated in solar panels.
Is there a decent way to model this air handler configuration with eQUEST?

Also, do you all think that eQUEST is an acceptable way to simulate air handler performance on an hourly basis for a tiny room, or is it really limited to large buildings?

thanks,
Jacob