[Bldg-sim] Hourly Solar Hot Water modeling program

B. Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Wed Jul 29 08:26:41 PDT 2009

Karen,

Transys is ideal for that type of analysis.  Another (cheaper) option to
consider would be WATSUN from Natural Resources Canada.  It comes with
.TMY for Canadian sites -- I do not know about compatibility with US .TMY
data.  Price is right though.

WATSUN is available (for free) here:

http://canmetenergy-canmetenergie.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/eng/software_tools/watsun.html

I have not played much with it but it does produce hourly results to a
text file. Note that it only uses SI units.

Cheers,
Brian