[Bldg-sim] Exterior lighting power

Dakota Kelley dakotak at teliospc.com
Mon Jul 6 12:35:16 PDT 2009

Vikram,

I recently received USGBC feedback on this same issue.  For a single-building model, you take credit only for applications in Table 9.4.5 which apply to the design case.  For example, if there is no façade lighting in the design case, the baseline case would not have façade lighting.  If the design case had only one façade illuminated, the 0.2 W/sf would be applied only to the area of that façade.

I've attached the applicable pages from the 90.1 User's Manual.  There can be some confusion regarding the difference between "tradable" and "non-tradable" surfaces.  In essence, you should be safe if you only take baseline credit for applications which apply to the design case (tradable or not).

Thanks,

Dakota

Message: 4