[Bldg-sim] Cooling fuel type - ASHRAE 90.1 - 2004

Macintosh, Richard rmacintosh at halsall.com
Wed Jun 10 19:43:56 PDT 2009

Hello,
I posted this a couple of days back but perhaps wasn't specific enough.

I am modelling a hotel in Iran for a US NC project and they will be using absorption chillers to satisfy 100% of the cooling load. I will be using ASHRAE 90.1 2004 to create the reference building, however I don't see any reference for the cooling fuel type. It is clearly stated in ASHRAE 90.1 - 1999 that the cooling fuel types will be the same in the proposed and reference building, but this is not stated in 90.1 - 2004. Does anyone have any experience modelling absorption chillers and if so, where is it stated that the cooling fuels should match.

Any assistance you could provide is much appreciated

Thank you