[Bldg-sim] Convective heta transfer in buildings

leen peeters l.f.r.peeters at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 02:16:01 PDT 2009

Dear all,

I was reading a publication of Altamyer, Gadgil, Bauman and Kammerud,
entitled ' Correlations for convective heat transfer from room surfaces '
published in the ASHRAE Transactions. In that publications no details are
given on the CFD technique applied. Besides the 'solve the full Navier
Stokes equations' I do not find anything. There is a reference to an earlier
paper (1979, Gadgil), but it is not in their reference list.

Could anyone possibly give me an indication on whether they used DNS or RANS
(which some of the authors do in later publications)?

Thanks a lot!

Leen Peeters, Belgium