[Bldg-sim] Reliable wind data resources for Qingdao, China

Joe Huang joe at drawbdl.com
Mon Mar 2 11:48:20 PST 2009

Several things to keep in mind about the CTYW weather files:
1. they are based on the International Surface Weather Observations for
1982 - 1997
2. mostly 3-hour data
3. data from airport (this is no different from  98% of the weather data
available for use, though).

Qingdao is a seaport, so the prevailing wind directions may differ
depending on location to location.  I have created a newer set of
typical year weather data for China that will become part of ASHRAE's
IWEC2 weather files for 2,500 international locations.
I will send you that draft weather file for Qingdao via e-mail.

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies

(original developer with Dr. ZHANG Qingyuan of Tsukuba University in
Japan of the CTYW weather files)