[Bldg-sim] Chilled Water Loop / Bldg Modeling

Bill bkoran at qwest.net
Tue Mar 3 08:55:21 PST 2009

Jason,

Based on your description, I don't think your best option is a
whole-building energy model such as eQuest or EnergyPlus.  I believe your
best option is an empirical model.  I suggest you review the ASHRAE 1050-RP
research, and see if the models presented there might be more applicable to
your task.  They will also be much, much easier to learn and use.  You can
either use the 1050-RP toolkit, or depending on your needs, you might find
it handier to create spreadsheet models.  You can find some good examples of
the use of those approaches in the Texas A&M web library.

These approaches are typically described in the context of Measurement and
Verification, but they are applicable to many other energy analyses.

--Bill

  _____