[Bldg-sim] Daylighting Program

Ramana Koti ramana.koti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 13:38:36 PST 2009

Mark,

DAYSIM tutorial has information on how it can utilize a SketchUp model for
daylight analysis.

I don't think the choice of materials that can be assigned from within
SketchUp is that comprehensive yet. I haven't tried that route in a while so
unless it can already be done, I'd be interested in hearing from Christoph,
the author of DAYSIM, on when we'll be able to assign user created materials
to surfaces within SketchUp before exporting to DAYSIM.

RAMANA KOTI  Assoc. ASHRAE LEED® AP
Sustainable Building Analyst

ELEMENTS division of BNIM architects
106 West 14th Street Suite 200